Students and Graduates
Build a career with purpose at the heart of global healthcare.
GSK is a place where ideas come to life. As one of the world’s leading research-based pharmaceutical companies, GSK is dedicated to delivering products and medicines that help millions of people around the world do more, feel better and live longer.
Our twelve-month, full time Industry Based Learning (IBL) programme is developed for university students who are completing their penultimate or final year of study as well as those who have recently graduated. The programme provides the perfect opportunity for students to launch their career, offering invaluable hands-on work experience in a friendly and supportive environment. Our IBLs will have built on their university learning and gained a competitive edge for all future career paths.
What does the programme offer me?
Our IBL programme suits students who want a career with real purpose. You will benefit from a rich variety of training and individual mentoring while gaining genuine experience in your chosen field. We have designed our programme to ensure that you will work closely with your manager and professionals who are passionate about their work and are eager to pass on their knowledge. This way, you will get to develop skills crucial for your future success.
You will be a part of a structured and robust programme which give you the optimum opportunity for learning and development. During the programme, you will benefit from:
- Being involved in interesting work and adding value to the business
- Opportunity to work on key projects to build core technical and business skills
- Being actively involved in career networking forums
- Access to various internal and external training opportunities
- Reporting directly to a line manager
- Involvement in GSK’s staff volunteering programme to help the community
What do I need to succeed?
Our team members need ambition, commercial awareness and a self-motivated, proactive approach. We’re looking for clear, effective communicators who can quickly build rapport with a wide range of people. It’s important that you can adapt to change and keep focused. While you have the drive and confidence to trust your own judgment, you’re a real team player who actively collaborates with others.
What roles are available?
We will be recruiting 7 roles in 2021 across 3 streams. The complete list of roles and job descriptions are below:
- Pharmaceutical Marketing Associate (Sales & Marketing)
- Vaccines Associate Brand Manager (Sales & Marketing)
- Digital Marketing & Content Associate (Sales & Marketing)
- Sales Support Associate (Sales & Marketing)
- National Field Sales Associate (Sales & Marketing)
- Supply Chain Associate (Manufacturing & Supply)
- Medical Affairs Associate (Medical & Clinical)
How do I apply?
Applications are now open (closing Sunday 9 August)!
Before applying, please watch this quick welcome video from our Early Talent Recruiter.
Please only apply for one stream below, you will have the ability to state your preference for other roles later into the recruitment process.
- Click here to apply for the Sales & Marketing stream.
- Click here to apply for the Manufacturing & Supply stream.
- Click here to apply for the Medical & Clinical stream.
To hear more about the programme from our Early Talent Recruiter and current IBLs, watch our live Q&A session hosted by GradNewZealand.
Timeline & Assessment Process
Our recruitment process includes an online application & testing, video interview and an assessment centre. This takes place over the course of approximately 8 weeks with offers expected to be made towards the end of August 2020. Keep an eye on your email for updates on your application and please ensure you are checking your 'Junk Mail' regularly.
Essential Program Criteria
Before submitting your application, please ensure that you meet the essential criteria for the programme and that you provide this information accurately. Please note that if you do not meet the essential requirements of the programme, you will receive an automatic response, declining your application.
There’s no one kind of person who succeeds at GSK. The international scope and inherent diversity of our business means that all types of people find they can flourish and grow within the company.
If you’re enthusiastic, committed to making a difference then we’d love to hear from you.